- Seven tips to help your cloth pads last longer, from Glad Rags.
- Increasing restrictions on abortion access have led to a rise in DIY abortions.
- The Great Wall of Vagina is pretty much what it sounds like: A nine-meter-long polyptych consisting of 400 plaster casts of vulvas, all of them unique, arranged into ten large panels by British artist Jamie McCartney.
- Speaking of vaginas and vulvas: xoJane readers reassure each other that “innies” and “outies” are both perfectly normal.
- Sad news: Sex education researcher and expert in adolescent sexual health Doug Kirby died this week.
An avid mountain climber since age 15, the 69-year-old died from a heart attack during a night hike. He was vacationing in South America with his family. His final words were, “Isn’t life great?”
- Planned Parenthood Action Fund names the Top Five Women’s Health Quotes of 2012.
- Egg freezing – a chilling solution?
- Friday’s New York Times included a story about efforts to reduce menstrual taboo and improve menstrual hygiene in rural India, so that girls will – and can – continue their education.
Readers should note that statements published in Menstruation Matters are those of individual authors and do not necessarily reflect the positions of the Society as a whole.