In this TEDx Women talk, Eve Ensler talks about One Billion Rising, her campaign to mobilize women in the fight to end gender violence.
- Lena Dunham shows off the tampon brooch she received as a Christmas gift from a friend.
- Understanding night sweats – at any stage of life.
- The Crimson Campaign, now the Crimson Movement, has launched a shiny new website to promote their mission of Five Areas of Focus “to give women the tools to openly talk about their bodies and menstruation without fear or shame”.
- For as many as 14% of Egyptian girls, menarche might be commemorated with engagement and marriage to a man nearly four times her age.
- Changing times: Gothamist reports the “most nearly perfect specimen of womanhood” of 1912 had a pear-shaped body and weighed 171 pounds. Elsie Scheel “says she has never been ill and doesn’t know what fear is” — in fact, she told women that they would “be happier if they got over the fear of things”.
- If you missed last week’s episode of Just a Theory, in which Tony Flinn interviewed Elizabeth Kissling about menstruation research, it is available on the Spokane Public Radio website, and on iTunes.