Snow on the ground and subzero temperatures this week, so I’m doing nothing but reading:
- I’ll Show You Mine: Wrenna Robertson responds to the increasing popularity of labiaplasty with a new book featuring close-up, color photographs of women’s vulvas accompanied by personal stories about them.
- Permanent birth control: Bitch reviews the history of voluntary sterilization.
- If every miscarriage is a possible crime scene, used tampons are evidence.
- Research suggests two possible outcomes from making birth control pills available over-the-counter: more consistent usage, and more likely uses of the wrong hormonal formula.
- A bracelet that displays your menstrual status? I grew up in the 1970s, and this reminds me of the mood ring. In more ways than one.
- Advertising copywriter and ad critic Copyranter labels this Italian ad for Tampax “the most sexist tampon ad ever”.